Monday, March 2, 2009

Shops and Watchmen

About two blocks from my house is a street with a small business area. It's about half a block long with offices and shops on either side of the street. But last night, I dreamt this area was bigger, at least consisting of the whole street, and much more popular. I was with a friend I hadn't seen in a while and we were looking for some lunch. He stopped in this small market that had a small Chinese restaurant in the back and ordered several things. The only thing that I remember, and the only thing that really made sense, were the eggrolls. He said he used to eat here all the time and had patiently waited for years until he could enjoy it again. I jokingly said that he lived only several blocks away and that he could have come by here anytime he wanted. But he corrected me, saying that he moved some years ago and was not in this area often.

The cashier asked what I wanted and I shook my head and told him I was good. Instead, I went out and wanted to try this other restaurant. It was kind of like a fast food place and the sign outside said something about "Japanese Penne Pasta". But the inside had nothing to do with Japan or Italy. Instead it was owned by Middle Eastern people. Their menu consisted of several bowls of ingredients that you could mix and match to your heart's content, but a lot of the items weren't in English so I had no idea what to order. To the cashier, I commented on the fact that I had lived around here most of my life, but had never actually tried this restauarant. But the fact that it was still around for all these years must mean it was pretty popular. He half-heartedly agreed and I asked him what he would recommend to a first-timer. He began saying some stuff, but this dream ended...

And another one began. This one was rather short and quick. I was watching TV and noticed that the Pay-Per-View channels were showing an advance screening of Watchmen. Except, for some strange legal reasons, all the costumes were digitally changed into something silly (or sillier, I guess). I can't remember most of it, but I believe the Nite Owl, or his sidekick, or both wore a clown costume. Which probably would have been more appropriate for the Comedian, but I don't remember what he wore. Dr. Manhattan was equally silly. I can't remember what his exact look was, but instead of being a buff-looking blue guy, he was skinny and ridiculous. That was about it for this dream. I don't think I wanted to watch the movie like this...

No comments:

Post a Comment