Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Marvel Cards and Others

Last night I dreamt I was cleaning my room, or at least my drawers because that's as far as I got before getting distracted. I found my old collection of Marvel trading cards and looked through them. I came across some of my rarer cards and began to wonder if they were worth anything, so I pulled out a book of card values which I don't actually own. And even if I did own something like that, it would have been old and useless by now. But anyway, I tried to look up this holographic Magneto gold card I have, but the book of values was presented in the strangest way. Instead of being a straightforward list of cards and their worth, the book was actually in story format. It began in the far, far future with Wolverine uncovering a new mutant from some wreckage. I guess this mutant was buried in some kind of time capsule or something. Wolverine explained that they were in some post-apocalyptic world in which most of man and mutant-kind had been wiped out. He brought the new mutant to the last surviving civilization, a large fortress built into the side of a mountain. The story went on, perhaps about a war or some kind of global threat, but I got annoyed and just wanted to know the value of my card. Somehow, this story was tied into how much the mutants were worth in the future, eventually giving way to a list and an appendix of mutants. Even stranger is how they tied this into trading cards, but I didn't get that far. I couldn't find my card among the list and it was about here that I woke up...

I was disturbed a couple times in the waking world and went back to sleep again to have two shorter dreams I can barely remember. The first one involved me playing with my new LG Vu phone, but then I got a bit frustrated with it and accidentally broke it. I was pretty relieved when I woke up and found out it was a dream because my previous phone was broken for a while too, and it was just a pain to use. The second dream is a recurring dream I have: something that has to do with bad teeth. I was flossing in the bathroom in front of a mirror and noticed some darker spots in my gums and teeth. They didn't look like cavitities but hurt pretty bad when I touched them. I didn't have much time to contemplate this because I woke up...

No comments:

Post a Comment