Friday, February 20, 2009

Giant Gorilla

Last night I had a dream that went all over the place. First I started out in some kind of public storage area, on top of one row of storage units. It was as if I had spawned into a stage in the game Mirror's Edge. My objective was to evade the police. I'm not sure why, but it felt like I had broken the law at some point and just needed to get away. The first thing I did was knock down some red bars or pipes. Then I slid down these pipes onto a lower area and ran off. This first part of the dream ended rather quickly right here and there was a sort of scene change into the next part.

Somehow I had gotten into an escape vehicle, my dad's mini-van. But when I did, I suddenly had an aerial view of the car as I was driving. I must have evaded the police because I wasn't worried about them anymore. I was, however, worried about driving in this view. While I had a nice vantage point of all the things around me, I couldn't see too far directly in front of me so it was hard to know when to stop in time. I clearly remember being on this one street. To my right were some buildings, to my left was a nice, grassy hill. Somehow, I knew that in front of me was a stop light and a cross street. Past the cross street was the entrance to the parking structure of the apartment complex my family lived in. Except we have a house in real life, but my dream told me I lived in an apartment. Anyway, the tricky part was the street light. I couldn't tell if it was green or red so I slowed down just in case. But I came up on it faster than I thought and saw a bunch of other cars stopped there. My lane was thankfully empty, so I stopped with my full car length past the line. Embarassed, I backed up, but saw something on the grassy hill that freaked me out: a giant, rampaging gorilla that was bigger than a car. So I accidentally backed-up into another car then, in my panic, drove forward into a big rig before I was able to get my damaged mini-van into the parking structure.

I got out of my car and switched back into first-person view. While still a bit frightened, my curiousity got the better of me and I headed out to see if the giant gorilla was still there. There was already a crowd on the front lawns of the apartment complex when I got there. The gorilla was close by, but not rampaging anymore. In fact, it almost seemed playful, so nobody was afraid. But then something freaked it out and that's when the shit hit...my face. The gorilla started lobbing giant globs of its own feces and I was hit right in the face before I knew what happened. People still weren't all that scared (not of the gorilla anyway, but they were probably scared of being hit by its shit), so I just calmly went to a hose and started washing myself off. Thankfully, it washed off pretty easily, but I think I had some in my mouth and that was just unpleasant. I guess the dream didn't have anywhere to go from here so I just woke up...

2 comments:

  1. i have been having giant gorilla dreams for the past few years. most of the time i am in a mall or other facilty and running away from uniformed soldiers or police. it seems that i find a hiding place nearby and am terrorized by the ape. sometimes i am also riding in a car that changes and i go through a city and into a setting that looks real, like mountains and ski trails and stuff and upon closer inspection i find that it is fake and human kind is being duped. it is all very surrealistic and i am amazed that our dreams are so similar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To Anonymous:
    Hah, your dreams sound as interesting as mine.
    Giant apes are freaky!

    ReplyDelete