Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Mummies and Dinosaurs

Last night I dreamt I was in my house. Maybe it was my uncle's house, I'm not sure. It doesn't really matter, what matters was what was in the house. Or to be more precise, what was under it. Somehow or another, we discovered a hidden trap door in the middle of the living room. This door lead straight down for several feet and opened up into an underground tunnel. There was a ladder so some of my family decided to go down and explore. I did not go because my cat was there and she kept running around. I was afraid she'd fall into the hole so I stayed up top to keep her away. It didn't occur to me to just put her in another room. Anyway, what they found down there was what seemed like an ancient Egyptian tomb. There was a sarcophagus, maybe two. And lots of golden objects: torch holders, staffs, scepters, maybe some crowns and random jewelry. There was a lot of shuffling and excitement down there and I could see most of the treasure being moved around through the hole in the floor. I lost track of the cat and she started running around, then fell straight down the hole. Stupid cat, I thought. She didn't seem hurt, but I couldn't see her down in the tunnel either. I started to get worried, but not for the cat. Something made me feel like this dream was about to take a turn for the worse, perhaps some kind of mummy's curse or ancient evil. But nothing came of it because I woke up...

And fell back asleep into another dream. It was another one of my video game and/or reality dreams. I spawned (or was teleported or something) onto some alien planet. I had heavy armor on and a large, futuristic rifle. I also had a partner with me, a gruff old soldier-type person with the same gear. He was a cautious one and warned me about such and such, but I just wanted to explore so I walked ahead. But, as if right on cue, a large and angry T-rex burst through the trees behind us as I walked away from his warnings. It spotted my partner first and started chasing him. I got behind some rocks, not too afraid for my life, and started firing at the T-rex with my rifle. It was a powerful gun because it took the beast down in a few shots while my partner acted, reluctantly, as a decoy. I might have said something sarcastic, but at any rate, we decided to split up. He actually wanted to go ahead this time and do some recon. I decided to backtrack a bit and see if the downed T-rex dropped any items of use. I think I might have found some ammo (because T-rexes on alien planets carry ammo), but it was kind of a disappointing find considering the size of the dinosaur. There was only a small open and accessible area behind the T-rex and where we started. It was surrounded by trees and thick brush, so I didn't bother trying to go past that. In the open area was a nice stock of items. For whatever reason, most of the items were eggs. Like, regular chicken eggs. I think they were supposed to be a health item or something so I just put a bunch in my pockets. The only interesting item there was a pair of night-vision goggles. It was blazing sunlight at the time, but I kept the goggles anyway and started getting back to my partner. I might have met up with him, I might not have, but either way, I woke up...

No comments:

Post a Comment