Sunday, February 22, 2009

Grandfather's Letters

I dreamt it was December and me and my nuclear family decided to visit my grandmother and some aunts and uncles over in the next city. But we also brought our cat along. She was going to be left there for a few weeks while we went on vacation. For whatever reason, there were some other cats also staying over at grandma's house, one in particular was really cute and affectionate. When it was time to go catch our flight, I suddenly regretted agreeing to go. We were off to China and I don't like vacationing in China. But it was too late, we had already arrived. My dream did not consist of the drive to the airport, nor the flight to China. We were just suddenly in China.

We weren't there completely for leisure. Apparently my late grandfather had some unfinished business there. He had some mail that was undelivered and we decided to deliver it ourselves instead of just mailing it. We also found a bag full of Chinese Red Envelopes and some money. It seemed like he owed a lot of Chinese New Year money to some relatives or friends. This dream started making no sense, so I just woke up...

No comments:

Post a Comment