Saturday, February 7, 2009

Sword Making

Last night I dreamt I was making a sword. I've seen videos and read a few things on sword-making, but I don't actually know much about it. I was in a backyard. Perhaps it was my backyard, but certainly not how it is now. There used to be this old red brick barbecuing station, but my family had that torn down years ago. I suppose that's what I was using as my forge in the dream. I had a charcoal fire going in the pit and a heavy cooking pot on top of it. Inside the pot was metal ore and also some crystals. Perhaps I was making some kind of magical sword, I don't know. Maybe I was trying to melt the metal and crystals together, but there was also water in the pot, so it was more like I was making a soup. It made sense in the dream, as if boiling the materials long enough would make them soft enough to hammer. I had a hammer with me, but no anvil so I'm not sure what I would have done if it came to that. Over to the side, there was a table with some wood working stuff. I was also making the sword handle, something I had actually done before as a personal project. Except this time, the wood seemed kind of spongy and soft. I'm not even sure it was wood I was working with, but considering the metal side of things, I guess it didn't matter. As everything seemed to fall apart, I woke up...

No comments:

Post a Comment